Monday, March 30, 2009

Have I not prepared a way?


This week is always an exciting one while members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints prepare to hear the words of a living prophet and apostles in General Conference which takes place this Saturday and Sunday. While I was reading in The Book of Mormon this week I was over come with gratitude knowing that God has provided a way for us to accomplish all that he has asked us to do while here on this earth.

As I thought about all the ways in which God has prepared a way for us I was drawn to Ether 2 in The Book of Mormon where the Jaredites are getting ready to cross the sea and have made little boats. The brother of Jared is concerned how they are going to make it across the sea with out light or air in the boats and he worries that they'll be tossed upon the sea and never make it. The Lord says to him," And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea."

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have prepared us in every way for the trials that lye ahead of us. They are aware of what is happening now and what will come. We will not be left alone. There is great peace in knowing that. I know that is why we have a living prophet on the earth, The Bible and Book of Mormon to lead and guide us as well as the Holy Ghost. There is no need to fear for He has prepared a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment